Welcome

This blog is for all those who are interested in all aspects of investing. We hope to build a friendly community of investors, to share opinions, advice, and to ultimately achieve success together. We will look at both fundamental and technical aspects of stocks to gain a market edge. We wish to explore the strategies, psychology, and philosophy in order to succeed at this game. Everyone is invited and encouraged to share their thoughts no matter how old, educated, or rich. Let's help each other to meet our financial goals.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcomed so feel free to email us:
peginvesting@gmail.com
psyduckpoker@gmail.com

Monday, December 3, 2007

Profit Taking in PYR.V

I would advise everyone to take profits whenever they have an opportunity because it limits your risk and exposure should the trade turn against you. That is what I did with my Pyramid Petroleum, my best prospect for 2008. Stocks never go up or down in a straight line and price movement is never easy to predict. To protect yourself from uncertainty, I suggest you should trim your position on any significant rally and buyback shares at a lower price. If the price keeps inflating, so what, at least you still have your foot in the door to ride the move for more profits. Also, you can tolerate a price decline because the profits you have banked limit your loss. Holding onto a stock forever without taking some off the table is just greedy and one whisper of scandalous activity in your company could cause a sharp downfall.

I got lucky with a day's low $0.405 purchase for PYR.V on earnings day and no way was I gonna pay the premium at $0.50 which was the day's high. Of course, I would have preferred paying $0.355 of the previous day's low, but I had to do my research before entry. Today I sold half my positon at $0.50 after a two day gain of 25% for the reasons I've explained previously. Although I believe ultimately this will be a $1.60-5.00 a year from now, the interest and coverage takes time. I'm sure I'll get another chance as the shark traders knock the stock price around. I hope we see sub $0.40 again so I can load up more, but I worry that demand will pick up sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Information published is purely for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any stock. Investing in equities could result in you having to lose some or all of your money. Before investing your money, you should always do your own research and always consult with a professional . Peginvesting posts stock information with unverified shares in companies and may buy or sell at any moment. This website does not tell you to buy any specific stock or to invest your own money in a certain way. Past performance does not guarantee nor will be indicative of future results. Peginvesting deals with rapidly varying ideas and some may be gossip. Equities featured on this website are high risk investments which in some cases may include penny stocks. We are not liable for any incurring financial losses. All statements of fact and information used have been taken from all sorts of online investment and financial websites. We cannot completely verify their accuracy and they are subject to change. All opinions presented herein are strictly that of Peginvesting and its contributors and should not be used to base your financial decisions. Content from this website cannot be disseminated without the expressed and/or written consent of the publisher(s).